1. Which information do we collect from you?
In General: We receive and store all information you enter on our website or which you provide in any other way (e.g. by e-mail) or via a reservation you make using a tour operator or travel agency or the Internet platform by an independent provider facilitating hotel reservations (it is obvious that we are the recipients of the reservation information you have provided the platforms or tour operators/travel agencies to make a reservation at our hotel). This includes information by which we can identify you, such as your first name and surname, your telephone number, your postal and digital addresses, as well as billing information (such as your credit/debit card number, the name of the card holder and its expiry date). You may also enter/we may request information on your room preferences. You may choose not to provide information to us, but most information we request from you is generally required to complete a reservation.
Travel companion information: When you make a reservation that includes some other (travel companion) via our website, we shall request personal and or traveling information for said individual. You must obtain this other individual’s consent before you give us their personal information and travel preferences, since access for the display of said information or possible changes to them shall be available only via your account (or your reservation code).
Social Media. Should you use any of our hotel’s social media, either on our website or via a social networking provider, we may gain access to your personal information via this social networking provider and in accordance with said provider’s policies. For example, our website offers the option to register using the function ‘Facebook Login’, allowing you to register on our website using your Facebook account information, without entering on your own the information required on our website. When you use a social networking function, we may potential gain access to the information you provide by means of it, such as your name, profile avatar, sex, birthday, your e-mail address, your city, town or region, as well as any other information you have chosen to render available via the social networking medium.
Sensitive data (special categories of personal information): This term refers to data which reveal an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, their political beliefs, religious or philosophical convictions or participation in a trade union, as well as biometric data aimed to the indisputable identification of an individual, data relating to the health or information regarding the sexual life and preferences of a natural person or their gender orientation. In general terms, we do not collect sensitive data unless you voluntarily provide them. We may potentially utilize data on the state of your health, provided exclusively by you, in order to better serve you and satisfy your needs (for example, catering to offer access to the facilities for the disabled).
Provision of information by minors: We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years. As the parent or legal guardian, you should not let children submit personal information without your permission.
2. How we use your information
We use billing credit/debit card information (such as the holder’s name, the number and expiry date of the credit/debit card) in order to complete the reservations you make on our website, by telephone or via a third party or any other way. We utilize other information about you (e.g. e-mail address) for the following general purposes, subject to your consent: to render to you the services you request; to confirm your reservation and provide information relating to it; to manage your reservation account; to process payment and provide travel notifications, to contact you in general and to respond to your questions and comments; to measure your interest with respect to our services and our website and to improve the same; to inform you on special offers and services that may interest you.
E-mail notices. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of traveling opportunities on our website. One way to do so is by sending you e-mail messages. You will receive such e-mails, if you have given your consent to receive accommodation/reservation information or advertisements in e-mail form. Registering your e-mail address with our website (e.g. contact form) or our smart phone and tablet application (App) constitutes such consent. Where legally required, we will abide by existing publicly available opt-out lists when sending you marketing communications. Do note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these e-mail messages in any such e-mail we send.
3. With whom we might share your information
If you have given us your consent, we may share your information with the following entities:
- Car rental companies and activity providers. All services rendered by third party suppliers are classified this way. Consequently, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of all travel suppliers, whose products you may purchase through this website or through any other of our applications. Do take into account that said suppliers may also contact you, if needed, to obtain additional information about you, to assist you with your travel booking or to respond to a review you may have submitted.
- Third party service vendors who render services or functions on our behalf, including the processing of credit cards, business analytics, customer service, booking, marketing, survey distribution/raffle programs and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third party vendors to collect information on our behalf, as well as to assist, as necessary, with the operation of features of our website or applications (Apps) or to facilitate the distribution of on-line advertisements, tailored to your interests. Third party service providers have access to and may collect information, only when needed, in order to perform their functions, whereas they are not permitted to share or use said information for any other purpose. They are also obliged to follow and observe the same or of equal level data security practices that we adhere to. Take account of the fact that said third party service vendors may be established in countries where the level of protection afforded for personal information may not be equivalent to that offered in your country of residence. However, we will try and protect all personal information collected from you pursuant to strict data protection standards.
We may also share your information:
- in the context of legal action for the exercise and advocacy of our legal rights or for our defense against legal claims raised against us (e.g. for the exercise of legal remedies, services, subpoenas, etc.).
- when we believe that we need to investigate, prevent or take action in view of unlawful activities or activities we suspect to be unlawful, to protect and defend the rights, property or the safety of our company, this website or our applications, our clients or others.
- in case of a corporate transformation, such as divestiture, merger, consolidation, absorption, asset sale, or in the very unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Save for what is established above, we shall inform you when personal information about you are to be disclosed to third parties, and you will be given the opportunity to offer your consent for this or not. Additionally, it is possible for us to share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. We may, for example, tell our advertisers the numbers of visitors to our website. Such information does not contain any personal information and is used for the development of messages and content we hope you will find interesting.
Each user of this website, our internet-based application (App) for smart phones and tablets, as well as anyone else providing their personal information to us (for example, by contacting us in person, over the telephone, via a third party website or tourist agency) in order to make a reservation (including its amendment/modification or cancellation), to pay, to check availability in order to make a reservation, to obtain a reservation’s particulars or to use any other service that may be offered through our website/application, as well as any person, in general, providing his/her personal information to our company in the context of a reservation (including its amendment or cancellation), payment, checking availability or to receive information, grants his/her explicit, free and fully cognizant consent and agreement for the processing, pursuant to what is cited above, of his/her personal data which is necessary in the context of the attainment of the above objectives.
5. How can you access and/or correct your personal information
You can access and update your contact information by contacting us at the e-mail address cited below. When you provide your personal information to us through this website, our Internet application (App) for smart phones and tablets, as well as in any other way (for example, by contacting us in person, over the telephone, via a third party website or tourist agency), this entails that you accept to allow us store and process this personal information for reasons relating to your reservation and, in general, for the reasons that have been cited above. We may continue to process information that relates to your account and reservation in order for us to fulfill our lawful business objectives and to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, as well as to keep historic records and for analysis. Keeping your data shall last for as long as it is imposed by legislation for reasons of our own legal assurance, for keeping a reservations archive and for tax reasons. Said keeping of data shall not last for more than five years, save if otherwise dictated by legislation or our contractual obligation (e.g. taxation, banking).
We utilize and make use of powerful technical measures to prevent unauthorized access to account information [e.g. web page encryption protocol (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure - HTTPS) and others].
Although we are committed to you to proceed only with the lawful processing of your personal information, we make it known to you that, in the context of the current legal framework, you have the following rights:
1. Right of information and access to data.
2. Right of rectification/erasure: You reserve the right to demand the correction of inaccurate data as well as the completion of missing data relating to your person.
3. Right to restriction of processing: You reserve the right to ensure that data processing is restricted in certain circumstances.
4. Right to object to processing: You reserve the right to object to the processing of your information, under specific conditions, especially when it relates to profiling or is intended for direct marketing purposes.
5. Right to be forgotten: When you no longer wish for your personal information to be kept or processed, you reserve the right to request that it be erased, under the condition that such data are not kept for some specific lawful and stated purpose. This right may be exercised by sending an e-mail to the address cited below or, specifically for this website, by using the special function contained therein (bottom of the web page).
6. Right to data portability: You are entitled to receive or request your data be transferred, in machine readable format, from one data controller to some other under specific circumstances and provided you so wish.
7. Right to withdraw your consent at any time, without thus affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
8. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority [Hellenic Data Protection Authority (HDPA)].
6. Your options relating to the collection and use of your information.
As cited above, you may opt not to provide any information to us, although certain information may be required for you to make a reservation or take advantage of certain features of this website or the application (App) for smart phones and tablets.
You may be given the opportunity, on our website or application (App) for smart phones and tables, to provide us with a mobile telephone contact number, so that you can receive the particulars of your reservation confirmation.
7. Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are small text files installed on your computer or mobile device, when you visit almost all websites. Cookies cannot reveal your identity or cause any harm to your computer or mobile device. They are used by the websites you visit to improve your browsing experience, to provide web analytics information to us, that will help us to generally improve our website, and to collect information regarding travel destinations of interest to you, so that you may see travel ads that better fit your wants and needs. In any case, the collection of anonymous data using ‘cookies’ shall take place only provided you have stated that you accept their use.
8. How do we protect your data
We want you to feel comfortable when using this website and our applications to make a reservation and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. Although no website or application can guarantee absolute safety, we have introduced the appropriate safety procedures (administrative - organizational, technical and physical) to assist us in the protection of the information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees may access personal data and they may do so only for the permitted business functions. Additionally, we utilized encryption methods when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, while we also utilize a firewall and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) in order to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
9. External links
10. How to contact us
Data Protection Officer: ..................
Postal Code 21056
Tel.: 27520-59223 & 27520-59783